Sunday, December 2, 2007

December Already!?!?!?!

I can't believe it has been a month since I wrote last! Everything has been going great lately. Caleb is growing like a weed and has been learning new things left and right. Thanksgiving went well. Caleb ended up getting the stomach flu Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so Chris and I took turns staying home with him all day on Wednesday. He only threw up Thuesday night, but it wiped him out Wednesday. He slept all day. If I would get up to do something he would take a couple steps and just lay down in the middle of the floor. Which is not in Caleb's nature at all! We ended up taking Caleb to my sister's house on Thursday. He was a little perkier that day. Turkey day went well. My Grandparent's were there and my Uncle and cousins showed up later. Friday we went shopping mid morning. Then went to Marshalltown to Chris' sister's house. Everything went well there too. Caleb had fun following the kids around! The girls tried playing house with him, but he didn't play along very well. :) Then Saturday we had family pictures. Caleb was not very cooperative. He didn't want to sit by himself and whichever parent he was being photographed with he wanted the other. We were able to get a few good pictures. I think our Christmas cards are going to be a picture we take at home in front of the tree though. Hopefully those pics turn out better. We had a "snow" day yesterday so we stayed home all day. While Caleb was napping we put out all of our Christmas deocrations and set up the tree. We brought him in the living room after his nap and he wouldn't take his eyes off the tree. It was pretty funny to see his reaction. Our tree looks pretty funny too. All of the ornaments are at least 3 foot or above! I put a copuple of ornaments lower that I thought he couldn't break and it wouldn't matter if he pulled off, but the first one he pulled off he chucked against the wall and broke the head off Goofy! I found some ornaments that Caleb "made" last year at day care... one was a handprint made into rudolph and the other was a star with his toothless smiling picture. I about cried! I can't even imagine what my reaction will be even 10 years from now! I am having difficulty finding an ornament for Caleb this year. It is a tradtition my mom started when my sister and I were very young to give up an ornament for Christmas. I wanted to start that with Caleb. Last year's was easy as it was his First Christmas! 2nd Christmas' are harder to find... especially when they are too young to be "into" anything. In the mornings we watch Handy Manny and the Doodlebops on Disney channel, but I don't think that he is really into them enough to get him an ornament of those characters. I don't know!!! I better get some cleaning done while Caleb is napping... I will write more soon... hopefully not an entire month from now!

2 comments:

  1. Could you just find an ornament iwht his name on it? Maybe a dinosaur, truck, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found one! I went to Hallmark and they had a little bear sitting in front of a little workbench, and he had a 2 on his shirt for a 2nd Christmas. I am so excited. That is where I found the ornaments with names too, but I chose the little bear. :) Thanks for the suggestion Noelle!

    ReplyDelete