Saturday, April 12, 2008

How Frustrating!

This week was super busy and stressful! I had to finish up my curriculum for summer and hand it in on Friday. I worked probably an extra 3 hours a day to get this finished on time. When I went to my meeting Friday morning I brought along my curriculum to hand in and I was the only one who had it completed! What the... I don't get it... When you are given a deadline that should be that. I felt so bad for my supervisor. She is new and filling in for the coordinator so she doesn't really have the authority in her yet to let the rest of my co-workers know her frustrations. If I were her I would have raged! The reason it is due so early is so she can make copies and put together our binders. Pretty impossible without everyone's work done. Anyway, I just needed to vent.

So I thought we had figured out where we were going to be this summer, but our Director doesn't like the place we had decided on. With good reason. We were going to be in the portable classrooms at the High School here in Huxley, but the bathrooms are super far away and there is no running water. But, it had A/C. So now the only classrooms that are close to bathrooms and have the conveniences we need do not have A/C. It is going to be a LONG summer if I do not have air conditioning with 40 kids in a classroom! Oh, well I guess we will survive and be stronger because of it!

This week was also super busy and stressful because I have my Spring Open House for my site on Tuesday. This is when all the families of my kids are invited to spend the evening at Kids Club eating, visiting and doing activities with the kids. Last Fall I made chili and chicken noodle soup and had the parents bring supplies to make sandwiches, etc. This Spring I made it a whole lot easier on myself and I decided to make it a Pot Luck! I am making Hot Dogs and Cheesy potatoes, but that is it. It should be a lot of fun. When I originally asked the parents which night worked best for them T or Th, the majority said either date. But the area we have to use was booked the weeks I wanted so I had to push it off until next week. Well, soccer and baseball started and guess when game night is! Yup, Tuesday. So our crowd will be a little smaller because of that, but hopefully it will still be fun. One of my parents is going to pick Caleb up from day care and bring him over to the Open House for me. Chris' busy season has started so he has been working until at least 7pm every night. So with all the stresses of making the Open House run smoothly I will also have to chase Caleb around try to get him fed. Hopefully another family "adopts" him for the evening! :)

Well, I better get moving. I need to get Caleb's hair cut so we can get his 2 year pictures taken. I want his hair cut professionally this time... Don't need a home made haircut in professional pictures!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me want to cry thinking that Caleb is going to be 2 already!! He has grown up so beautifully, Kate. You are doing a great job!!! xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete