The boys are officially on summer break! Carter ended his preschool year last Wednesday, whilst a jealous Caleb finished up on Thursday (at 11am, might I add). Friday being Caleb's 8th birthday and the official first day of summer ended up being a very fun-filled day. Chris took the day off and Caleb had his friend Dawson stay the day with us. They started out the morning with a water fight. And since I was low on babies that day, I got to run errands for the birthday festivities while Chris took the lead with the boys and took the 3 to Big Creek for the afternoon. (Side note on my trip to Ames with 2 baby girls, they fell asleep (a much needed sleep) right as I got to Ames, so I tried to extend their sleep time by getting gas and getting myself lunch. I was able to eat a salad, albeit in the car, all by myself in silence! Ahhh. That was wonderful!) Once my last baby left we packed up the car and went to Incredible Pizza Company. The kids got to drive go-karts, play mini golf and play arcade games. Lots of fun! When we got home Chris started a fire while the boys played in the yard for awhile, then camped out in the tent.
Saturday started early with cleaning the house and prepping to have family over for Caleb's birthday. Carter had his preschool graduation!! He is officially a Kindergartener! He had Ms. Alyssa and Ms. Tricia for his teachers this year. Ms. Tricia was also his preschool teacher last year, so it was doubly hard to say goodbye to her. She had Carter and his friend Greyson for 2 years and said she was sad to see them go. She was a great teacher. After a wonderful ceremony we came home to prep for the party. Caleb was able to wrangle together a kickball game which everyone loves, including the adults. This year it was a little more mild than usual, not so much drinking involved!
Househunting is still in full swing. We looked at 3 houses the other night. We are very interested in a new construction, but it is a bit above our budget and the living room layout is funky. I have no clue how to place furniture in it no matter how long I think about it. Oh, but the master bathroom and the mudroom are to die for!! That makes up for the living room, right?!
Chris found out this week that he has been chosen to be one of the coaches for Caleb's football team next year. Caleb will start playing football with pads in 3rd grade. He is very excited!
If my computer worked properly, I would post pictures, but for some reason I cannot. So, view pics on facebook if you want some! (you know, when I post them there....)
No comments:
Post a Comment