Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Guilt Free Minute

So I have a quick minute to blog guilt free- I am sitting in the hall next to the bathroom making sure Caleb stays on the potty to poop. I figure while I am doing this task I will blog a little. We are back from New York. We left last Thursday and returned Monday afternoon. I will blog more about our trip and experiences later and post pics. Right when we got home we hit the ground running. Caleb was naughty pretty much all night. He didn't nap for the babysitter and therefore was a complete terror for us all night. Crabby as could be. Not fun. We shrugged off Monday's nap as he was excited to see us, so couldn't sleep. But, Tuesday came around and he didn't nap again. I got home at 4 and he was still running in and out of his room giggling. The babysitter also said he hit and kicked her. I was fuming. He was pretty naughty all night, too. I am hoping that when things settle down and we get back into a normal routine that he will get better, otherwise I am at my wits end and have no clue what to do...

On a happier note Carter is awesome right now! He is finally sleeping through the night and is doing a great job going down to sleep. Even when his brother starts playing with him and hitting him in the middle of the night he falls right back to sleep!

When we got back from our trip Chris picked up Caleb and Caleb was making this happy "heeeeheeee" type of noise, it was funny. We got instant smiles from Carter! It was nice to be home.

The other night we put Caleb down to bed after Carter was already asleep and I hear Carter making noise, so I thought he was crying. When I came down the hall I noticed their bedroom light was on. I walk into their room and see Caleb tossing a ball (very small and soft) into Carter's crib. The noise Carter was making was in fact not a cry, but a laugh. He was squealing with delight that Caleb was playing with him. We put Caleb back in bed, shut out the light and they both went to sleep. Which is especially impressive about Carter that he wasn't up for the evening again. It was pretty funny, but of course I couldn't laugh in front of Caleb...

No comments:

Post a Comment