Sunday, June 7, 2009

Shopping

Today we decided it was errand day we went to Ankeny and hit Kohls, Home Depot, Menards and Wal-Mart. At Kohls my goal was to get some more jean capris for work and everyday and maybe a couple tops for our trip ad for weekends so I don't ALWAYS have to wear t-shirts. It was a fairly successfull trip. Meaning- they did not have any non glittery jean capris- what the hell? Anyway, I bought a pair of brown capri "dress" pants and a couple tops. The one top matched the brown pants great and actually looked very nice as an outfit, so I decided I needed a necklace to go with it-- not from Kohls though- holy crap $26 for a necklace- I can't pay tht much for jewelry- not yet anyway... Anyway, Chris got a pair of "dress" sandals as well. We looked at Home Depot and Menards for a storm door and a new back door. We are thinking about doing some construction in the kitchen to put our door in so that at least that is done when we finally get to redo the kitchen. After we left Ankeny we stopped by home to get a stroller and went to Ames. We priced doors at Lowe's then went to Sam's for formula and to price diapers. I am kind of miffed at Target- we used to get their off-brand diapers and loved them, but they switched to a different company and I am not in love with them... so I have to find another brand that is comparable in price, but better quality... Anyway, in Ames we ended up going out to the Mall. Chris wanted to look for shoes at JCPenny's. It was their 15% off everything sale that we luckily walked in on- and got a few things for super cheap. I found another pair of Jean capris! so the day wasn't a total loss. We then went on down to get Caleb's glasses fixed. He bent them out again falling on his face last night when he was horsing around outside. The guy took Caleb's glasses and tried bending them back and snapped the frames... argh!!! Chris said he watched the guy take this huge pair of pliers to the glasses and heard the snap... In other words he broke them instead of fixing them. The guy then proceeded to tell us that our "warranty" was still valid (for 6 more days!!!!!!!!) and that he can order in a new front to the glasses and we sould only have to pay 40%... well the glasses were on all sorts of back orders like last time which meant they are being discontinued so he said we could get any other frames for 40% of the price and they would make free lenses. Well, we were not in the mood to pay that much momey for glasses and we were pretty frustrated at the situation and Claeb by then was sick of shopping nad was being pretty naughty. Chris and I decided to leave the store and take Caleb to the "toys" right outside the store. We were chatting and came to the conclusion that I need to speak with this guy about him breaking the glasses- I do'nt think he was ready for confrontation because he looked like he was going to cry- and he said "I swear to God they were broke when you brought them in" uh, no- because Caleb wore them all day and the lens never popped out... argh. He then proceeded to tell me that he could get the front of Caleb's glasses in in brown, and that it would on;y cost $30... and then said, but since it still isn't the same glasses that any frame we chose would be the $30 since the frame we have is discontinued. This is a small fact that he did not make very clear the first time... we on;y have to pay 40% of what they front of his glasses WOULD ahve cost had we been able to get them.... what a pain in the butt!! Anyway, that made us a lot less cranky- and we brought Caleb back in there to pick out glasses. We chose a $179 pair that was the "flexsteel" again. Anyway- after the mall we went to WalMart again... got a coupld groceries and stocked up on baby stiff for Carter so he could eat while at my parents next weekend. I also got a silver necklace ($5) to go with my outfit. Chris picked up a couple necklases to show me and I laughed- some had hearts, etc. and were just kind of juvenile looking- he said our tastes were not the same... I agreed! "That is why I don't buy you jewelry" right.... yup, that is why... Anyway, we ended up ordering pizza from Pizza Hut and heading home to relax.... it didn't happen, but oh well... that story to come later as this post is already WAY too long and I thin kCarter has finally fallen asleep since he hasn't cried for 20 minutes! Nighty-nite

No comments:

Post a Comment