Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Day take 2

Another fun day for the boys and I. We went to the parade in Slater about 10 am and even though it was raining on us, Caleb enjoyed seeing the fire trucks and the band. He calls the drums boom-booms and told me while we were sitting there "I boom-boom I bigger"... Which I deciphered as I want play drums when I am bigger. Carter wasn't a huge fan of the loud sirens from the fire trucks, and didn't get to see much since he was all wrapped up with the covers on the car seat and stroller. We came home and took naps- including me! :) Then headed back to Slater to check out the rest of the festivities. We stopped by the mud volleyball pits and then walked around the "attractions", there wasn't much for Caleb to do there so after I said my "hello's" to all of my work families we left for Ames. We got groceries and ate at Hy-Vee for some yummy chinese food. We got home and put Carter to bed then played my new favorite dice game- Farkle. (Caleb didn't, he just had his own set of dice that he threw around the room.) About 9:30 we packed up Carter in his car seat and headed back to Slater for the fireworks! At first Caleb wasn't too sure about them. He didn't really care for the noise and kept asking to go home. I told him that when you watch fireworks you are supposed to say "Oooooh, Aaaaaaah". After about 10 more minutes of him covering his ears he finally warmed up to the coolness of fireworks. He began oooohing and aaahing with the best of them and told us he liked them and they were "prity". When we left Slater we had to call Grandma and tell her all about the fireworks. He was pretty excited.

--side note--- Caleb just got out of bed this morning and the first thing he said was- fireworks!?

No comments:

Post a Comment