I noticed lately that I have been neglecting to write about Carter. Which it also feels like I am neglecting him at times as well, especially when I have to sit with Caleb in the bathroom for an hour... But, this post is going to be all about Carter.
He has really filled out lately. I am not sure what he weighs, but he is getting so big! He smiles all the time and for the most part is in really good spirits most of the time he is awake. Chris has been able to get him laughing lately. Sometimes it is just a squeal, but when he's really going at it there is some good chuckling in there. He "talks" all the time. Today I had him laying on the floor while I was getting Caleb and I ready to leave and Caleb came in to tell me "Baby ooooh" He was trying to tell me what the baby was saying... He coos and goos so preciously.
The weather actually warmed up for a day- all the way up to 70 degrees. I decided instead of sending Carter to daycare in his usual sleeper that I would dress him in big boys clothes. I found a cute pair of bib overalls in the drawer and a white t-shirt onsie. I attempted to put on the onsie and realized that it was WAY too small... so I hunted around for a bigger one. He looked too cute. I had him in short sleeves and little tennies. I love being able to see his bare arms. It seems like since he was born in the colder months that I never get to see him naked. So, when I do while giving him a bath, changing his clothes, or putting a short sleeve shirt on him I realize how little of his skin I actually see on a regular basis. (Unlike another child of mine who I saw bare skinned regularly in the early months).
I feel that I don't get a lot of bonding time with Carter. When I actually have him in my arms he is either sleeping, eating, or crying. When he is happy is when I have the freedom to set him down and chase after his older brother. I need a full day or two with no other distractions to just soak in Carter and get to know him on another level.
He is officially sleeping in his bassinet! The other day we noticed that he was taking nice long naps at daycare. He sleeps in a crib swaddled tightly and sleeps just fine. So after he was officially "over" his cold we attempted putting him in his bassinet. He does really well. Surprisingly so, mainly because we had such a difficult back sleeper with our first born. But, he is doing great and we couldn't be happier... well, until he starts sleeping through the night. I think I am going to start recording his sleeping and eating habits so we can get into a better schedule. He still has a fairly late bottle (11pm), then gets up around 3 am and again at 6am. That schedule can cause some difficulties in our sleep and in our moods the next day. Hopefully soon sleep will come!
I will upload pictures soon. I feel like I have been working non-stop, but this post is not about me... Pictures to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment