Sigh.... Finally last week is over! We had Spring Break at school so instead of just running before and after school we had all day programming. Which wouldn't have been too terrible, I had myself scheduled MWF mornings and TR afternoon, pretty easy. But, Monday afternoon I was called by one of my staff and she told me she wouldn't be able to work the rest of the week because she had to attend her Aunt's funeral. Argh! I was already scraping for staff and then with one gone I was screwed. So I had to completely revamp my schedule. Thursday I ended up having to work 6:30-6, what a long day! It was a busy week and since I was working so much on site I didn't so any work from home, so this week is going to be ridiculous as well since I have April lessons to write, staff schedules to make, summer curriculum to write and Open House to plan.... since that is next Tuesday!!! Busy.
This weekend was fun. We went to Des Moines Saturday morning and got Carter's pictures taken. They turned out really well. Then we did some shopping- I got a couple pairs of crop pants for summer and a new shirt. Then we had lunch and headed to Grimes to visit our friends Leslie and Matt. Caleb and their 18 month old Ben had a blast playing together. We had the most memorable moment at their house. We were all playing outside in the backyard- Caleb was playing on the swing set being reasonably well-behaved while Ben was wandering around and trying to go to the front of the house. When Matt said "Ben, why can't you be good like Caleb?" OMG!!! Tears came to my eyes. Nobody ever says that about Caleb- it is usually always us saying that to Caleb about some other kid! Anyway, we also went out to eat that night with them then came home and watched Bolt.
Sunday was very uneventful, we did some cleaning and played outside. Carter was extremely fussy for some reason. He was either very happy or crying. Not fun. Carter acts like he is going to roll over from home back to tummy any day now! He gets himself almost all the way over if it weren't for that one arm! What a big boy!
Caleb's potty training is going well, he rarely has any pee accidents. But, is still pooping in his pants. He hasn't quite figured out to tell us before he poops that he needs to go. Hopefully soon.
We had the girl next door watch the kids this week. She watched Caleb on Monday and Tuesday, Carter on Wednesday and Thursday and both kids on Friday. She is VERY shy and quiet- I am really hoping she will warm up to us and be able to talk to us about the kids' day. Right now it is like pulling teeth to get any information out of her. We are also kind of nervous if she will be able to handle Caleb when she has Carter too. He can be a handful and needs a strong hand- we'll see!
I will try to upload pictures sometime this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment