Thursday, March 5, 2009

Last to Know

I feel that it is very sad that there are many parts of my family's lives that I am always the last to know about. I know that growing up my sister and I were never that close. We were 5 years apart, she was very outgoing, I was the bratty little sister that she couldn't stand to be around... But, I always hoped we would grow out of that and actually become close friends. I have come to realize that I, obviously, am mistaken. When on the list of "sisters" I come in at a close 10th, there seems to be something missing. When there is news that should be given to family first and isn't given to me until the last possible second- there obviously is some connection that isn't there. I live an entire hour away from close family members- maybe I have caused the rift... Who knows. But, I can see now where I stand in the family- As the last to know.

2 comments:

  1. I had a very similar situation with my sister, but were only 18 months apart. We never got along, and we tried to be friends as young adults, but we are still very different people. We can act civil to each other, but the bond just isn't there. I only talk to her once every couple months, so I never know what is going on. Actually, no one in my family tells me anything either. So basically, I know how you feel. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! This blog just breaks my heart! Although i'm not exactly sure what info you are the "last to know" about, but i'm sure it was only an oversight. I love you so much and try to keep up with you thru this blog as well as the parents. I guess if I don't tell you something directly, its because I assume mom or dad already did! I'm so sorry!! I do have a lot of "sisters", but they are just my girls. You are my only true sister and I love you dearly. Sis

    ReplyDelete