These are all titles to what happened tonight. I wasn't sure what to title this post. Here is what happened. Right before I left work tonight I noticed I had a voicemail from day care. They said that Carter had a low grade fever- 100.6- 101.2 degrees. When I got to day care at 6 to pick up the boys I was told taht Carter would not be able to come to day care tomorrow- he has to be fever free for 24 hours. Any other day and this wouldn't be an issue, but Chris is on the road, I have a conference that I have to attend/work at, our neighbor across the street is done with maternity leave today, cousin Janel's day off was today... So in other words, I am screwed. I made so many phone calls tonight to try to find someone that I trust to watch Carter. I finally called my supervisor (very upset by this time) and told her what was going on. She was very supportive and said she would try to fill in for me. It just sucks that it had to have happened tomorrow. Any other day and I could've stayed home guilt free. I think the fever is due to Carter possibly teething. We'll find out in a few days.
Funny Story- While I was making all these phone calls and stressing out I was leaving Caleb a little unattended. I had leftover pancakes in the fridge from lunch so I threw those in the microwave quick and threw them on a plate getting ready to cut them up for Caleb when I saw Joe outside. I wanted to talk to him about tomorrow quick to see if him or his wife could watch Carter. While I was out on the deck Caleb came out carrying his pancakes on a plate. He sat down on his picnic table and started munching. He ended up taking a another trip inside to get the syrup, too.
After he ate a fabulous supper of pancakes and syrup he came in and had to go potty. When he came back out he was having troubles with his pants so I told him to just take them off, becuase we will be getting jammies on soon. He strips naked and runs around playing. After awhile I help him put on a Pull Up in between phone calls. He starts playing in the living room, find a hat and puts it on backwards, has his snack cup of Ritz Bits and was laying on the floor on his stomach watching tv. It was too funny of a sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment