Carter got his tubes this morning. Early early early early this morning! We had to be at the hospital at 6am! Which was quite the pain in the butt considering daycare doesn't open until 6:30. So thankfully our neighbors are nice enough to let us drop Caleb off at their house this morning at 6am. They brought him to day care for us as well! That was a releif taht we could do that, I would not have wanted to deal with Caleb at the hospital. Carter did pretty well this morning until the nurse picked him up to take him into the OR. He doesn't separate from us well and that was painful for him to be carried off by a stranger. It was about 7:25 when he went in to surgery, 7:40 when he came back to us and 8:15 with we finally got to leave. Carter cried unconsolably until the moment he woke up until we started down the road. We couldn't calm him down for nothing... He would want his paci, then throw it on the floor, want a drink- then refuse to even look at it. It was quite exhausting. When we got home Carter and I sat on the couch with a sippy cup of water, a bowl of animal crackers and "Team UmiZoomi" on the tv. Mommy got a quick nap, not sure if Carter slept or not, he did a little in the car. About 9:30 we went to pick up Caleb. I can definitely tell Caleb needs a nap today! Wow. He is whiny and cry-baby like at everything! I told him he has to take a nap if he wants to go to soccer practice tonight- hopefully that is enough incentive! Carter has been a pistol this morning too. Hitting Caleb, stealing his toys, getting into everything! My Facebook status said- he must be feeling better. But, if this is the way he is going to act when he feels better, we should've waited to get tubes! haha
Carter of course woke up at 2am last night and I didn't get back into bed until 4am. He would not let me put him back into bed! So we ended up sleeping on the couch a little. I think once I know Caleb is asleep it will be mommy naptime today too!
No comments:
Post a Comment