Carter has really been starting to smile a lot lately! Chris can really get him going- it is so cute! When we lay him on the floor to play he sometimes starts to coo and talk to himself.
I think Caleb is feeling a little jealousy. He has been pretty clingy the last few days, which may have been brought on by him getting sick as well. But when we are sitting watching tv or feeding Carter, etc. He comes up to us and says "wap". This weekend he was extremely naughty and I feel that it was a lot about attention seeking. He would look right at us as he was trying to flip the light switches, as we are telling him "no". While I was laying on the floor with Carter, Caleb started to tip over his kitchen set- again, while I am looking right at him telling him to push it back up, then he throws his grocery basket at me (after the kitchen was on the floor). The day care ladies have mentioned he does the same there- looks right at them and then proceeds to hit another child, etc. I don't know what to do. I try to give him as much attention as I can, but it is really hard when I am the only one home and Carter needs to eat or is crying non-stop.
I know he loves Carter, but it is hard to share the love. Bedtime routines especially, I think he gets out of bed (constantly) so that he gets the attention of us putting him back. He is seeking attention anyway he can get it even if it is negative attention. At bedtime I am trying to start a better routine. I have decided to read him books and sing songs while he is laying in bed, so we have the "alone" time. (Usually we would have done this in the living room, then off to bed.) he will usually still get out of bed, but after I put him back (without talking to him) I wait outside his door, wait a couple minutes then go in and tell him "good job" for staying in bed. Naptime and bedtime yesterday went pretty smooth, but again the whole getting sick thing. It will take some work, but I think we have to change our ways to help caleb change his.
No comments:
Post a Comment