I feel like I haven't been on the computer for days! Oh, wait I haven't! :)
New Year's day was pretty eventful. We had the Zoske family (Caleb's friend Isaac from across the street) over for the Hawkeye bowl game. We taught Caleb to say "Go hawkeyes!" it is pretty cute. Isaac and Caleb played relatively well for 2 year olds. They had their "mine" spats, but other than that I think they had a lot of fun.
After the game was over Isaac went home and Caleb went down for a nap. Then a little later Emma and her family came over for a visit. We had a lot of fun hanging out and catching up. We took a really good picture of all the kids that I will upload later.
Friday we ran to Ames and went to the mall and Target. We bought Caleb some Pull-Ups and byself a new diaper bag! Yes, I finally got one. It was at Target and it was on Sale! It isn't much bigger than the one I have now, but if you take the strap off there are extra clips inside the bag that allow you to clip it to the handle on the stroller. That was the clencher for me since I mentioned in a previous post that my new stroller does not have very much storage.
Saturday we started POTTY TRAINING! Caleb got up and we took him straight to the potty and put on bog boy undies. He had an accident almost right away so we changed him and put on another pair of undies and pants. We had him go potty every 15-20 minutes and each time he would go a little bit. When he would go potty in the stool he would get an m&m or a sticker. We put a Pull up on him for nap and when he got up he was still dry! he didn't have another accident until supper time when he pood. (Gross). This morning was another story. We would have him go potty frequently, but he still would end up peeing in his pants. When he would be playing he would come to us and say Potty! But, he would already be wet. Grandma came to babysit today and she said it didn't go much better for her. (There was at least 4 sets of wet clothes in the bathroom when she left.) She gave up and ended up putting a diaper on him. I think we will be waiting to finish up the potty training. Caleb just doesn't have that skill that tells them when they need to go, or how to hold it. We will try in a couple months.
The reason Grandma was babysitting today is because Chris and I had to attend a funeral. A friend of ours from college, Brett, (who was in our wedding), wife died on New Year's Eve. She was diagnosed with Sinus Cancer in July and was told that it is treatable, but not curable. I guess it is one the worst forms of cancer (I haven't looked up the details yet). She was only 26 year old. She had 2 boys- 3 1/2 and 11 months. I didn't know Brett or Megan very well, but what really chokes me up about the whole thing is when I think about the family she left behind. To think that that could happen to my family in anyway really tears me up. It makes you realize how precious life is and to not take your family for granted. To cherish every moment you have with them. It is so hard to think that someone our age is already a widower and has children that will grow up without a mother. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment