I took Caleb and Carter to the doctor last week, because they have the poo's. I was getting really tired of constantly dealing with poop...as anyone would. So I brought them both to the doctor to make sure nothing was wrong and to see if there was anything I could do to make it better... The doctor asked, "If he weren't pooping would you think he was sick?" No. Then there is nothing wrong. It will clear up eventually. At most if they did a culture it could have been rotovirus, and since you have to just wait a virus out- there isn't anything you can do.
While we waited in the waiting room Caleb did great he looked at the fish and was well behaved. We got right in, saw the doctor and left right away. Awesome. Oh, by the way Carter weighed 12 lbs. Caleb weighed 29.2 lbs.
Yesterday was Carter's 2 month check up. The doctor said we are doing great. He was very responsive to him smiling end everything. He got 3 shots and was not a happy baby. I watched as they stuck the needle in his thigh- his eyes got big, his face turned red and then came the wails. Poor baby.
This time while we were waiting in the waiting room things weren't as awesome. Caleb looked at the fish for quite awhile. Then began climbing on chairs, dropping pamphlets off tables, running around, etc. We went over and listened to an older lady read a story. We jumped in place. We sang songs. We counted. We looked at the fish. We read books. We climbed on chairs. We looked at the fish. We sang songs. We climbed chairs. And just as I thought I was going to die of exhaustion the nurse FINALLY called us back after waiting for 45 minutes!!!! That is just way too long for a 2 year old to wait. So by the time we got in to the room Caleb was in no shape to sit still and read a book while the doctor talked to mommy and Carter. He was trying to open the door, wash his hands, turn the computer monitor off, climb the table, open cupboard doors and drawers, basically anything to drive me nuts! The doctor made him a sticker stick by putting two stickers back to back on a tongue depressor- that only made him start asking (as Caleb does) whas this?, whas this? Whas this? again and again... He sat on the table while the doctor was looking over Carter- the doctor even let him hold the light up ear checker (I heard the name of it, but don't remember it for sure and it is way too late to try to spell it even if I did remember it!). Anyway, we left and went to McDonald's for lunch where Caleb was happy to get his "buger and fies".
Carter weighed 12lbs 9 oz. 8 days after his last appointment! Chunky Monkey! He is in the 42% for height and 62% for weight...Caleb was in like the 15% if I remember correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment