Monday, February 23, 2009

My Big Boy

I had to run a bunch of errands for work this morning and brought the boys with me. Just random shopping at Target and Hobby Lobby mainly. I allowed Caleb to walk through Target to start and he did pretty well. Stayed with me for the most part and if he would run ahead or lag behind I could still see him and I knew the purpose for which he was doing so (normally infatuated with a toy). We went around the outside of pretty much the entire store before I had to put him in the cart- I couldn't tear him away from the movies! He has a habit of wanting to carry something around the store with him. This habit is fine for right now, because he usually doesn't remember that he has it so I don't have to buy it and bring it home, or he will let me put it back on the shelf because his attention span is so short! But, the movies were just too tempting and because he saw Dora, Go Go, Toodles and so many other friends he couldn't pick just one to carry with him... It was cute. We left there and went to Hobby Lobby- both boys rode in the stroller there... There are WAY too many breakables to allow him to walk there. I told Caleb to start that if he did a good job when we were shopping we would eat "burger and fries" for lunch. So we walked into the McDonald's in Wal-Mart and he ordered his food! I had to decipher for the lady, but its a start! He chose where we sat and then opened up his own food, drank from a cup with no lid (he does this at home, but at restaurants he is a little more distracted), and ate his cheeseburger without me tearing it apart for him (even finishing it before his fries). He acted like such a big boy. I let him walk through Wal-Mart too until we hit the check out. There are just too many compulsions there to control! Get it? (Compulsion buys) Anyway... It made me realize again that my "baby" is going to be 3 in 3 months! I can't believe how fast time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment