Last weekend was a crazy busy one!! I took Friday afternoon off from work and we left for home right after lunch. We hung out at my parents house visiting and eating pizza whie making food for Chris' mom's surprise 60th birthday party. We made 32 pounds of sloppy joe's!! Saturday morning we got up early (because Carter doesn't know how to sleep in) and Chris and I went for a 2 mile run together since we had babysitters! After that we went north a couple miles to Chris' Aunt Elaine's house to take family pictures. A lot of them turned out really well. There are a LOT on Facebook, but I will try to post them on here too. After pictures we went to Chris' brother's house for pizza. Then, we came back to my parents' house to relax before the big party. The party went really well. There was a pretty good crowd and my kids stayed pretty entertained and well-behaved. I don't think Carter walked a total of 10 steps the whole night since the big kids were carrying himj around everywhere! Even the boys were in on the Carter lovins'. Caleb is officially smitten with his big cousin Justin. He played football with him and hung around him as much as possible all evening. Chris' mom seemed genuinely surprised, so that is good! We got home late and go thte boys into bed. Then first thing the next morning we were off for Omaha!
Right away when we got to Omaha we went to the Zoo. It was packed!! Being a holiday weekend everyone was visiting the zoo!! It was fun though. We didn't go to every single exhibit, but we got the jist of it and got to see the Orangutans. After we left the zoo Mindy and I took the "babies" while the Daddies took the big kids and we split up to go shopping. Which turned out to be Mindy and I sitting in the van in the Target parking lot for an hour while the boys slept! We did get to go into Target and got a couple things. After that we met the Daddies and big kids at our bi-annual tradiation of eating and playing at the Amazing Pizza Machine! It was a good time, but I was exhausted!! We got back to Jason and Mindy's house and stayed up WAY too late (the boys, too). Then the next morning of course we were up super early again. We decided not to do too much on Monday. The Daddies finished putting together the privacy fence gates while the Mommies and all the kids played inside, went to the park, got ice cream and them enjoyed a nice chat while the kiddos crashed! Carter fell asleep about 1:30 on our way to the park, then again at 3:00 on the way back to the house. When I attempted to wake him up at 3:00 so he would sleep on the way home, he was totally out cold and would not wake up for anything. So I let him sleep on the couch until I woke him up at 5:00 for a snack. We got in the car at 5:30 to leave and he was out again by 6:00 and didn't wake up until 7:45. After we got home and unpacked he went to bed at 9:00 and slept until 7:30 the next morning!!! Tired baby!!
Well, that was our long crazy busy weekend in a nutshell!!
This week hasn't been much calmer. Tuesday I had a training all day. Wednesday Carter and I ran to town and got groceries (and pants!!). Thursday was probably our most relaxed day, but the evening we went to the mall to get haircuts, order Caleb glasses, get Hawkeye clothing for the family and look for jeans. *sigh* it was a late night. Today was yet another crazy day. Right after work I met Chris and the boys at the park for a chilly soccer practice. Off to the house for a fast supper and then met the neighbors for the high school football game. When I got home I put Carter straight to bed, then went downstair to exercise. I am pooped. Tomorrow we are hosting a party for the Iowa/ISU game. We should have a decent crowd. Sunday should be a little less stressful, just softball in the afternoon. I also need to make a lasagna for a family of mine from Kids Club. On top of all of my business I have had to deal with one of my families losing a father. 2 of my new Kindergarten girls lost their father this week to a brain hemorage (sp). Very very sad. He was only 3 years old. It not olny effects these 2 little girls, but also 2 more of my kids as it was their Uncle. *sigh* Makes you happy for what you have and love the one's you have a little deeper.
Anyway, I didn't mean to end this post in a sad tone, so I will end it with "GO HAWKS!!" :0) Hope for a less busy week next week!! Oh, wait Chris will be going on the road for Harvest next week, so relaxing will not be happening any time soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment