Thursday, September 16, 2010

My sickos

What a week.

Chris left Monday morning to harvest.  He plans to be gone until Friday evening.  Monday seemed like the busiest day ever, but mainly because there was too much to do and I couldn't do it all!  Caleb had soccer pictures scheduled for 5:30, I work until 6:00.  Then he had a soccer game at 6:00.  Thankfully pictures were postponed since it was rainy, but the game was still on.  I sent a sandwich and Caleb's uniform to daycare so he would be ready when I picked him up.  Fed Carter in the stroller while Caleb was playing.  I missed a school board meeting that I needed to attend for work that was at 6:30. 

Caleb ended up scoring 3 goals!!  He has gotten much more aggressive and better at following the ball and getting in there to get it!  He still needs to work on aiming the ball better and not using his hands to "turn" it.  He's gonna get hurt one of these days doing that...  He was pretty excited that he scored so many times. 

When we got to the car Caleb started mentioning that he was tired- I was like, um, yeah- you had a long day with no nap, I'm tired, too!!  But, even when we got home he was pretty lifeless.  I had to peel off his muddy clothes down by the door while he laid on the floor whimpering.  Not like him at all.  Then he sat on the couch in his undies complaining he was hot, so I took his temp and it was 101*.  I didn't think much of it sice it was pretty low-grade, but when he woke up the next morning he was still whimpering and moaning.  I gave him the option to go to school or stay home.  He chose stay home...  They were having a pajama/movie party at preschool that day.  That is when I knew he was sick!  I called the doctor as soon as I could and made an appointment.  Not even an hour later Caleb was up and running around like he was fine!  I was really tempted to cancel his appointment since I figured he wasn't sick enough to go to the doctor, but ended up keeping it since it was already made.  Thankfully I did.  The doctor was skeptical that it was going to be anything saying- his throat is a little red, and most of the strep tests have been coming back negative.  Okay....  Well, it must be mother's intuition, because the test came back positive!  (so there!)  Anyway. 

Carter has has goopy eyes the last couple days and I was planning on calling the doctor tomorrow morning if they weren't better.  Well, daycare called about 2:55 while I was at work and said Carter just woke up and he felt warm so they took his temp and it was 103.8* under the arm (without adding the degree you are supposed to!!!)  So I quickly caleld a sub and raced over to pick him up from daycare.  I called the doctor on the way there, but for some reason (same thing with Caleb) they are making the nurses call back and se tthe appointments.  Well, I took Carter home and we sat outside on the swing while we watched Caleb run around and waited for the call back.  45 minutes later I called back wondering if we were going to get in!  I gave them another 10 minutes after that and ended up calling the Huxley clinic.  I got right in there and was walking out of the clinic to get Carter's prescription when the clinic in Ames finally called!!  1 1/2 hours later!!  Both clinics frustrated me.  Ames for not calling- and who knows if I would've gotten in at all tonight- even with his temp at 104+!  But, the Huxley clinic, ugh!  The doctor barely looks at the kids who's sick and just prescribed some type of antibiotic.  I know that is probably what Carter needed, but I really like Dr. Paschen who explains what we need to do and why- plus, he takes a strep test.  Huxley dr. didn't.  Oh, well.  Hopefully Carter gets back to normal soon.  He was pretty dazed out all afternoon.

While he was eating supper tonight he threw up, too.  I am not sure if he had too much in his mouth and choked, or what.  (Caleb said that is what happened).  But, he threw up a lot!  So, everything was stripped down and thrown into the sink.  Then the kid was thrown into the tub.  Ugh!  What a night!! 

I am not sure right now if I will be at work tomorrow or not.  I am planning to wait to see how Carter is feeling before I decide. 

I just really hope I do not get sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment