Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy, Busy

Well, planting season has officially started. Chris worked his first Saturday this weekend. After he got home we ran to Ames for supper and groceries. Sunday Chris installed our new garage door opener! You cannot imagine the noise difference! It is awesome! After he completed that task we ran to Des Moines for some quick errands. We picked up Chris' boots from Red Wing, stopped by Sear's to pick up the shed we purchased for our yard, and then went to JCPenney to pick up Carter's pictures- finally! While at the mall we went to Payless to get some summer shoes for Caleb and I. There was really nothing there for Caleb- which makes me mad everytime I go in that store. There are about 100 different types of sandals for girls, but 3 for boys- camo croc look alikes, Cars velcro sandals and dressy sandals. We did find a pair of black stretchy Champion sandals they kind of remind of water shoes, but they work and hopefully he will learn how to put them on his own feet soon! Chris showed Caleb the Cars sandals and Caleb really liked them, but I am really not a fan of characters on shoes/clothes etc. Not sure why not, but I think it looks cheesy... Anyhooo.. I bought myself a "dressy" pair of flip flops (as dressy as flip flops can get :) ), a pair of everyday flip flops and a pair of blue slip on tennies. All for $45. I was pretty proud of myself. Chris bought a bunch of clothes at JCPenney and he got quite a deal as well. 3 pairs of jeans, 2 sleeveless Nike shirts, and 3 articles of clothing for the boys for $65, he saved $180! Wow! Anyway, after we left the mall we were going to go home to clean up the house and relax for the night before Chris is gone for a week, but instead we went to Wal-Mart to buy goodies for when Chris is on the road. He always get the best snacks! :) Caleb started to get hungry while we were there- all he would say was burger, fries, ketchup, drink! Over and over. So, needless to say before we left Wal-Mart we ate McDonald's for supper. We got home and Chris plowed into his Hunny-do list that he should have completed 2 weeks ago and I got started on some much needed house cleaning. I can finally see my living room floor! Well, Caleb just peed his pants so I better go clean him up- that is my potty training update as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment