I had an Open House at work this week. This is where we invite all of our kids and families for a night of food and fun. I usually have an Open House once a semester. This Spring our theme was Slumber Party- which the kids thought of in a round about way. We had pizza and all of the typical junk food you would eat at a slumber party. Then we had legos, knock-out, PIG, pillow case races, nail painting, make up and board games. Lots of fun activities. The kids had tons of fun. The boys even painted their nails and put on make-up! Too funny. One dad even let his daughter paint his nails! It was a pretty fun night. Chris brought the boys over and Caleb got to run and play with a basketball in the gym. Carter was a perfect baby all night- just hung out with anyone who was holding him and watched all the action.
I have learned how to make these events easier on myself through the last couple years. The first year I made all the food myself- chili, soup and sandwiches. Our theme was a 'Fall' theme with pumpkin painting, cookie decorating, etc... It took us an hour and a half to clean up! Then the next Spring we had a "Spring" theme where we planted seeds, made paper flowers, etc... I had a potluck that day! Clean up was slightly shorter. This past Fall we had "Sports/Tailgating"
theme... We had a parent let us use a hot dog spinny roaster that she had, so hot dogs weren't too terribly difficult. This Spring, pizza!!! Definitely the easiest yet! Our clean up this Spring was a half hour. But, the work is definitely worth it. The kids really love having the party. I usually try to have them be as involved as possible with the planning and decorating.
I will upload our family picture from the Open House later. :)
I'm so glad it went well for you. It sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete